NEWTONWINES.COM
 
Search.


Advanced Search

Regional. Varietals.
Email Sign Up.
Cave Saint Cyr Chenas 2010

Cave Saint Cyr Chenas 750ml 2010   
Sku: 1841527

3 day lead-time required to confirm availability Why?

Cave Saint Cyr is a small, family owned winery located in the Beaujolais region of France. Owner Thierry Saint Cyr has been a vigneron and winemaker in Beaujolais for over 30 years and represents the 4th generation of his family to work in wine. He works alongside his wife Laurence, son Raphael and daughter-in-law Karine. Laurence handles marketing and the wine shop, Raphael manages the export and viticultural side of the business and Karine handles administration and sales. This 54 acre, organically farmed estate is composed of plots in Gamay (34 acres), Chenas (2 acres), Morgon (2 acres), Regnie (2 acres), and other village plots within the appellation. 75% of the vines are 25+ years old (half of which are 50+ years old) and the remaining 25% are younger vines between 3-5 years old. The family buys a small amount of fruit from Moulin-a-Vent, Julienas and Chiroubles and work closely with those growers to achieve organic certification. Thierry follows a minimalist winemaking regiment of long macerations, no fining or filtering. Debourbage occurs naturally each wine remains in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks for one year to allow all particles to settle to the bottom of the tank. The wines of Cave Saint Cyr are focused, clear, pure expressions that offer excellent structure and balance.

Tasting notes
A structured, medium-bodied red that provides refreshing notes of ripe red fruit and dark berries with hints of earth and graphite.

Technical notes
(100% Gamay). The fruit for this wine was harvested from vines planted in 1962 to granite and gravel soils. The hand sorted fruit was fermented for 23 days in concrete and aged for six months in vats (85%) and in small, neutral French oak barrels (15%). The wine aged for fourteen months in neutral French oak.

Related Searches
France
Burgundy
Beaujolais
Beaujolais
Bourgogne
Bourgogne Aligote
Regional Varietals:
Chardonnay
Gamay
Pinot Noir
Regional Wineries:
Georges Duboeuf
Jean Bererd et Fils
Country: France
Region: Burgundy
Sub-Region: Beaujolais
Grape Varietal: Gamay
Type: Still wine
 
Reg. $26.99
16% discount, On Sale $22.59
  Buy Cave Saint Cyr Chenas
20% discount on 12 bottles for $260.28
  Buy a case of Cave Saint Cyr Chenas
 
 
NewtonWines.com
Newton Plaza, 588 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110
Phone: 518.782.2322 | Fax: 518.782.9453 | 1.888.781.WINE
Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved - NewtonWines.com