NEWTONWINES.COM
 
Search.


Advanced Search

Regional. Varietals.
Email Sign Up.
Mossback Chardonnay 2012

Mossback Chardonnay 750ml 2012   
Sku: 1845565

3 day lead-time required to confirm availability Why?

Owners John and Lane Giguiere have been growing grapes and making wine for more than 25 years in the Dunnigan Hills of California. After selling their family’s company, R.H. Philips, they started a new venture in 2005 and named it Crew, in honor of the many staff members who left Phillips to join Crew. Mossback is an old fashioned term for farmer, which references the Giguiere’s long family history of farming, as well as the moss covered rocks, tree trunks and end posts prevalent in the cool Russian River Valley of California. Dan Cederquist is the winemaker and Lacey Steffy is the cowinemaker.

Tasting notes
Attractive aromas and flavors of apples, bananas, sweet Texas pink grapefruit, orange flowers and tropical fruits are nicely integrated with underlying notes of banana and butterscotch. The finish features slight hints of honey and minerality.

Technical notes
Chardonnay from two different vineyards in the Russian River Valley was cold fermented (80%) to enhance the fruit’s natural zesty character. The remaining 20% was barrel fermented to lend subtle oaky and toasty elements.

Other text
RUSTIC MOSSBACK Mossback is an old fashioned term for farmer. The Giguiere family has a long history of farming, and for the Mossback brand we have sought fruit from some of the most renowned farmers in the Russian River Valley. The name also conjures up images of the mossy rocks, tree trunks and end posts that are so prevalent in the cool Russian River Valley. About the Appellation This brand consists of a Russian River Valley Chardonnay, a Russian River Valley Pinot Noir and a Cabernet Sauvignon from the Chalk Hill appellation.

Related Searches
United States
California
Sonoma County
Russian River Valley
Alexander Valley
Bennett Valley
Regional Varietals:
Arneis
Barbera
Bordeaux Blend
Regional Wineries:
Bedrock Wine Co.
Capiaux Cellars
Dumol
Country: United States
Region: California
Sub-Region: Sonoma County
Appellation: Russian River Valley
Grape Varietal: Chardonnay
Type: Still wine
 
20% discount on 12 bottles for $191.88
  Buy a case of Mossback Chardonnay
 
 
NewtonWines.com
Newton Plaza, 588 New Loudon Road, Latham, NY 12110
Phone: 518.782.2322 | Fax: 518.782.9453 | 1.888.781.WINE
Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved - NewtonWines.com